Updating my Lumia 830 to win10m TP (.63)

So, I decided to take the plunge and update my Lumia 830 to the current windows insider build (.63).  Not an easy decision really cause this is my daily runner.  I have a Lumia 1020 which I have been using to test windows 10 mobile TP on.  However, this latest .63 build proved quite stable, so I deiced to take a risk and install it on my Lumia 830.

I think the decision was wise, my limited experience so far of win10m on the 830 has shown it is very stable and as smooth if not a little bit smoother then win8.1 was.  The big difference is with apps. Microsoft Facebook app for win10m is somewhat on par with the official ones on android and IOS. Very impressed that Microsoft have really upped their game for this app to make it as good if not better then the official app. That being said I am sure they can do better to fine tune the experience even more.

I really do like the added screen customization options the transparence of tiles is a nice touch, along with added colour choices. Those of us lucky enough to use a Lumia that supports Glance screen now have the option to select a colour picture as the background which is the same as your lock-screen picture.

Since I believe in writing a fair and balance article, I do have to mention at last one thing I do not like or would change if I could.  The people hub / app has circle portraits this is not consistent with the rest of the OS and looks out of place I would be happier if Microsoft went back to a square portrait for contacts. They also need to add a 'Clear all option to the task switcher, it gets a bit tedious having to manually close all open apps you do not want running.  But these are far from deal breakers and easily solved if enough request from users if submitted.

Overall my experiences so far are very positive. Keep up the good work Microsoft I know you can turn this around (fingers crossed).





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windows 10 Mobile update for unsupported WP8.1 devices by using cmd program with offline data.

Best 4 Launchers for your Windows phone 8.1

Unlock Bootloader, Enable root access, Flash and Dump your Lumia with WP Internals